Files stored with this method are always:
- Decentralized: There is no single authority that controls your files
- Replicated: Your files exist in multiple different physical locations to ensure that they can't be erased
- Censorship-Resistant: Files are immune to being censored or taken down
You can also opt into file Permanence - meaning that once you upload your files, they will be persisted forever.
Get started by installing the Storage SDK with the following command:
npm install @thirdweb-dev/storage
yarn add @thirdweb-dev/storage
What can you do with Storage?
You can use storage for all your file storage needs, including the following:
- NFT Media: Store your NFT media files using decentralized storage
- On-chain Metadata: Store any on-chain metadata objects incluing contract metadata and other information
- Permanent Files: Any files that need to be resistant to censorship can be uploaded to storage
Get started with learning how to use the SDK here: