The NFT Drop contract is ideal when you want to release a collection of unique NFTs using the ERC721A standard.It allows you to define a set of conditions called claim phases in a sequence that defines when and how your users can claim an NFT from your drop; including allowlists, release dates, claim limits, and delayed reveals.
When you add NFTs to your drop contract, they are not minted at this point. You prepare everything for your users by lazy minting them, so that other wallets can mint them.
Use Cases & Examples
You could use the NFT Drop contract to:
- Release a PFP Collection where each NFT has a different combination of traits
- Release NFTs of your artwork, and have your community mint them for a price
- Create a restricted-access NFT drop, where only a specified list of wallets can claim NFTs
Smart Contract Design
For a detailed exploration of how our drop smart contracts work, why they were built, and their limitations, visit our Drop Design Doc!
Creating & Configuring the NFT Drop
Learn how to create and configure your smart contract using the dashboard.
Creating a NFT Drop Contract
Deploy the NFT drop contract to any of our supported networks using the button below.
Lazy Minting NFTs
Lazy minting is the process of uploading your metadata for your NFT(s) without minting them yet.
This is useful for when you want other wallets to mint NFTs from your drop into their own wallets.
To lazy mint NFT(s), click Create to lazy-mint a single NFT, or Batch Upload to lazy-mint multiple NFTs at once.
To get started, you can use one of our example files for CSV or JSON metadata.
Delayed reveals allow you to reveal the contents of the NFT to the user later at a specific date and show a placeholder asset in the meantime.
- Reveal upon mint: Collectors will immediately see the final NFT when they complete the minting.
- Delayed Reveal: Collectors will mint your placeholder image, then you reveal it at a later time.
You have the option to add a delayed reveal to a batch of NFTs after you batch upload them.
Setting Claim Phases
A claim phase is a set of conditions that define when and how your users can claim an NFT from your drop.
The NFT Drop contract supports multiple sequential claim phases.
Within a claim phase, you can define:
- When the claim phase will start
- How many NFTs do you want to drop
- How much do you want to charge per NFT
- What currency do you want to use
- Which wallet addresses are allowed to mint (allowlist)
- How many NFTs can be claimed per transaction
- How many seconds do wallets have to wait between claims
To configure the claim phase, click the Claim Phases tab and Add Claim Phase.
To configure the image, name, and description of the contract, click the Settings tab:
Royalty & Platform Fees
From the Settings tab, you also configure the royalty fee, primary sales recipient and platform fee.